Thursday, July 3, 2008

Homeward Bound

Today's going to be a good day, and I'm gonna make it a good day even if it's not dammit! I have to go into work a half hour early, but I'm leaving approximately 4.5 hours early, so that's a plus. I'm taking off at noon before running to the store and grabbing a super secret object before I pack up and leave.

As far as things are going here, certain things have gotten better and other things worse. To keep a positive note playing, work is getting way better and going far faster - I had the chance to do some stuff in Excel yesterday that made the day go quick thanks to keeping busy. In addition, more of my electronics supplies came yesterday and I tested out what ended up being one of the worst soldering irons ever. The work was way too delicate for the large point, but I improvised and I think the results turned out halfway decent.

Anticipation is really coming to a head today; less than twelve hours until I hop on the plane. I just hope I can live up to the hype I've generated for myself; I'm sure everything will be surreal and I have nothing to worry about.

Thinking about going to Wall-E tonight really seemed to jar my childhood film memories. Does anyone remember the film Milo and Otis? I swear I watched that movie a dozen times when I was a kid, and I barely even remember what it was about besides Milo=cat and Otis=pug. I seem to recall that it had a sort of sad ending, but in thinking I doubt it could. It has to be Homeward Boundesque in that it ends gracefully after hardships are overcome, like most kid's movies.

No comments: