Friday, July 18, 2008

Cah Trubble

Well after a full and pretty exhausting day (which included a Chipotle run no less), I was ready to drive home from Collingswood and Whitney's apartment. On the way over, I saw that the Tire Pressure Monitor light came on, and figured that I just needed to put more air into a couple of my tires since I hadn't in quite awhile. Little did I know the trecherous truth.

When I headed down to my car at about one in the morning, I got in and started to drive only to hear a sound that just wasn't... right. I pulled over and inspected my tires to find that the back left tire was woefully flat. Great. I called the Hyundai road assistance number and got in touch with a guy who called a service company.

It turned out that the only company Hyundai could get in touch with was insisting that they wouldn't take anything but cash. When the guy arrived he gave me a call and we ran down to meet him. He threw my spare onto the car and I was good to go, though he didn't have change for the huge bill so instead I followed him to the nearest Wawa to take out $60 for him.

All told, I got home at about 2:30am and got to sleep shortly thereafter. I woke up around nine this morning and got into work at about ten. Hopefully everything goes well today so I don't catch any grief - though not dead tired, I am sleepy enough to be in a crabby mood.

No comments: