Monday, July 7, 2008

Back to the Grind

After my trip to Minnesota, everything feels kind of odd again, though I think every time I return here the learning curve will get a little less steep. Thankfully I got to come into work at 11:30am today, so that afforded me a nice three and a half hours of sleep extra. I originally thought I'd be working until midnight, but I'll apparently be done at eight. Tomorrow I'll be working until eight, too, but I may come in at my regular time to get some stuff done in the morning and grab some overtime to boot.

Anyway, my plane rides went off without much of a hitch, despite some nervousness. On Thursday I landed at MSP and was greeted by a good amount of sights for sore eyes. Though it was ridiculously tiring in more ways than one, I got through the weekend really no worse for wear - I'm extremely glad I headed home if even for three days. I eschewed riding the bus on the way back to my apartment. Sadly I had to wake Jason up to even get inside though, since I had no keys. Sorry Jason. :(

"Millions and millions chase
The wild goose tonight
To conquer loneliness
They'll chase it all their lives
And when they find it they
Can just lay down and die
It seems the game is mostly pointless
In the presence of the prize."

1 comment:

Leigh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.