Monday, July 21, 2008

Montag Ist Ser Gut















Back to work and earth after the busy busy weekend. I managed to nap from four to seven thirty last night and went to bed at a little after midnight, then came in for work at 11:30a. I'll be here until eight tonight, so it's going to be an okay Monday.

In other news, I loved The Dark Knight; it's my favorite movie of the year so far, easily. It most definitely surpassed my expectations and despite its 152 minute length left me wanting a lot more. I hate to sound like I'm echoing the entire rest of the internet in saying that the film was more about Joker than Batman. Ledger did an amazing job in making the character his own and bringing an insanity to Joker that made him a dark and realistic character. While Jack Nicholson's interpretation was most definitely sadistic and evil, Ledger threw away most of the silliness in favor of an anarchic zeal.

The IMAX experience certainly heightened the event, too. The full-IMAX scenes amazed me and were beautifully shot. It's going to be weird going to the film again and not having it completely surrounding me, though it'll at least feel newer than seeing it in regular theatres twice.

The worst part of The Dark Knight? Ledger won't be back for a sequel.

No comments: