Friday, July 11, 2008

Woe is Chipotle

So Friday night I had the sudden urge to grab a delicious Chipotle burrito bowl. Now, the Moorestown Mall where Chipotle is located is only three or four miles away, and takes about ten minutes to drive to. Woefully, the burrito fiasco took me over a half hour to complete for a couple of factors.

1) Lack of staff. On a busy Friday night where they had two dozen people in line, there were four workers, three of which were making the food. I think back to my days in Minneapolis where they would have six or seven workers crammed into the food line.

2) The people didn't know what they wanted. Apparently, Chipotle is a fairly new phenomenon to the northeast; most of the people had never eaten there before, and the store itself was opened in April and was one of the first in the area. Now, anyone who's eaten at Chipotle before knows that it has a fairly simple menu - you can get a burrito, tacos, or a bowl. There are four types of meat. You can see all the toppings like you can at a Subway. But still, people stood there for a good thirty seconds once asked what they wanted.

I have little license to complain, though. I got my $7 slice of heaven and got home within an hour, at least.

No comments: