Monday, July 28, 2008

Graveyard

So it's 10:30 and I'm still at work - I'm actually glad I'm still here. I only have an hour and a half left to go before I head home, and that means I'll have put in an awesome 12.5 hours today. I love front-loading my weeks so that I'm able to take Friday basically off because of all the hours I've worked, though overtime pay wouldn't be so bad either. At the moment, though, I'll probably be capping at forty in the next two weeks.

I've finally found a pretty good niche at work and I'm getting to know everyone. I now know what I'm talking about when I complain/talk about the systems here at work, and I have enough working knowledge that I know what to do to fix things, or at least try to fix them. I rarely get "stuck" anymore when I'm on my own. I also have been flexing my Excel muscles, as I spent a good two hours today just editting a massive spreadsheet. I enjoy myself, because I'll do anything to keep busy around here. Working for twelve hours and not having nothing to do just drags on so slowly.

Yesterday there was a pretty great storm that rolled through. It didn't last as long as I would have liked (I tend to love all-day storms) but it provided some good cracks of thunder and the lovely pitter-pat of the rain on my deck. I left the deck glass door open just so I could hear all the sounds and whatnot a little more clearly. I think my enjoyment of storms and the time preceding them has something to do with the atmospheric pressures and the higher voltage crackling in the air. Barometric pressures dropping to beneath thirty make me feel great and sleep a lot more easily, it seems. And believe me, lately I've been needing sleep. I don't know why, but it seems I tend to stay up later on weekends and am completely unable to sleep in for whatever reason. Stupid schedules starting to nullify my ability to be lazy!

1 comment:

Benson Enson said...

Yes. That storm needed to be longer. My co-workers talked of hail in the office today, so surely it was badass for those not in our neighborhood.

Speaking of staying up late...... BALRGH. Not tired at all!