Monday, July 14, 2008

Work Schedules OR How I Waste My Life This Week

This week will be an interesting one schedule wise. I'm sure only a few people care, but it's for my benefit too, since I like to collect my thoughts by writing them down. This week I've got nine testing periods, none of them before noon, so it looks like I can stay up a bit later than normal. It looks like this week I'll be working something like this (and yes, it's in military time):

Monday: 11:30 - 24:00
Tuesday: 11:30 - 24:00
Wednesday: 12:00 - 20:00
Thursday: 11:30 - 16:00
Friday: 11:30 - 16:00

The nice thing about living over on the East Coast is the fact that most of my friends are in Central Standard Time (and one in Pacific!) so even if I get home at midnight it's still only eleven back home and people are generally still awake for awhile. And yes, the twelve hour days will get tiresome, but I'd much rather front load my weeks and have what feels like a three day weekend.

In other news, I've got tickets for an IMAX showing of Batman in Philadelphia on Saturday. The excitement is compounded by the fact that I've never seen a major motion picture in IMAX before; at the Minnesota zoo I've seen various animal related films, but never anything like Dark Knight. I'll probably end up seeing it half a dozen times, but the IMAX experience will be really cool to see.

EDIT @ 2:09PM EST: Yes, it has come to this; route planning! This is my driving route to the PATCO station in Collingswood, and this is the walking route from the PATCO (train) station to the museum.

Also of note is the list I've been compiling of TV shows I have to get to sometime in the near future. After meeting and talking awhile with a new friend yesterday I thought it would be appropriate to keep a list someplace so that I don't forget about anything.

* Lost - Andrew and Andy have liked this for quite awhile, and I never got into it. I'm sure all it'd take is a few episodes before I'm hopelessly hooked.

* Dexter - I've never gotten Showtime before, but I've heard some rave things about this show.

* Battlestar Galactica - I watched the first movie and a little over half of the first season a couple weeks back after Jason gave them to me. It's pretty entertaining so far with some decent special effects and the same space style as Firefly.

* The Wire - again, recommended to me by friends back home and bolstered by conversations yesterday. It may also motivate me to want to go to/be scared of Baltimore.

* Entourage - John and Andrew are obsessed, so it definitely would have appeal to me.

I'm sure I'm already forgetting some stuff, but oh well. Shows that I want to watch over again at some point include Mr. Show, Venture Brothers, and Upright Citizens Brigade.

1 comment:

Leigh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.