Tuesday, July 29, 2008

One is the Loneliest Number

So I sauntered into work this morning at about 11:30 for the noon test, and bam! Brian tells me he's got to go to a series of meetings for a solid five hours. Where does that leave me? On my own to set up two shots, of course! It's actually quite nice to essentially not have to follow him around, since I can do everything myself and if I make a mistake, I learn directly from it.

Setting up the first test was fairly easy and went smoothly, so I'm fairly happy with myself and decided to sit around and listen to Boards of Canada for a bit. I'll be working until eight tonight, so the day seems way shorter than yesterday did, which is quite great. Getting accustomed to one or two 10-12 hour days a week is really making it easier to get through what amounts to a puny eight hour shift. I wish I could get some overtime though; more vacation or the extra cash would be more than great. I mean, working an extra five hours would pull in an extra hundred bucks after tax.

Anyway, I made a discovery while shopping at Wegman's the other day. I have been longing for the sweet taste of Sunkist lemonade ever since I left Minnesota; anyone that even remotely knows me knows that it's my favorite pop (or soda, if you're really mean and anal about it, SOMEBODY!). I purchased a twelve pack of Wegman's brand sparkling lemonade, and to my surprise it's very similar to Sunkist - it has a distinctly worse aftertaste, but it's still very reminiscent of the old stuff back home. I am saved from this land lacking the ambrosiac taste of Sunkist Lemonade.

2 comments:

Benson Enson said...

Freak. Also: lets hang out tonight. I'm bored.

Leigh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.