Saturday, June 28, 2008

Upcoming Trip

Well, since I've already let the cat out of the bag to the majority of you, I may as well make it fairly official - I'll be heading back to Minnesota on Thursday, July 3 and be returning to Jersey on the sixth. Sadly, it seems like many of my friends will be out of town, but no matter, it's the quality and not the quantity!

So far I've got nothing to do on Saturday night up until midnight, so I'll probably find some folks to hang out with the get a bite to eat. It'll be fun just to be on the campus/in Minnesota again, if even for only a few days.



In other news, I took a two hour walk this evening, which was quite refreshing. I walked to downtown Moorestown (I drive through it to/from work every day) and checked out what exactly was open at this time a night - not much. It's a lot like Rochester in that the entire town seems to shut down at about ten, with only a few restaurants staying open. This was roughly my route.

Diablo III announcement was today, which was pretty cool to see. I remember back fondly to the days when Sagar, Scott, Eric and I started characters and messed around with the game quite a bit before getting bored. If it's even half as good as Diablo II in the "addiction factor," I'm sure it'll be fun to click around in it for a little while. The best thing about it is I'll be able to head online and play with all my friends back home. Blasting things is always a good way to pass time and relieve stress.

Yesterday I also got my first paycheck and I can now pay next month's rent. Getting paid weekly is actually a pretty good perk it seems, since I would have had to borrow money or risk being late on my second rent check ever; not really something that builds confidence in your cash reserves to your landlord. It'll be nice to not have to pay for basically anything after the next check and save a bunch; I may need it for when Leigh comes to visit and I have to roll out the red carpet!

1 comment:

Leigh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.