Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Gears Are Turning

Yesterday was the first really eventful day I had at work, thankfully. After doing some training exercises this morning (hooray!) I grabbed some lunch and headed back to my temporary office before being summoned by my new manager back to where I'll be working permanently.

I had a great talk with him before being introduced to folks around the office, including my coworker Barry who was amazingly helpful in basically every way. He helped me to apply for several access concerns and fill out forms. I was also introduced to our resident "carbon based reference guide" (as Sam calls him) for the toolkit we use in every day operations, and had a lively and extremely interesting conversation with him.

The best thing about today was how quickly it passed in comparison to other days. The daily grind won't be too bad once I get in the swing of things. In other news, a really good friend of mine is looking into moving out here to go to Penn State, only about four hours away. It'll be nice to have someone I know within one state of me.

No comments: