Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tuesday's Gone

Today was more eventful than other days, but certainly was still pretty dull. An hour into work I was summoned to a meeting with my boss's boss, who introduced himself to me and five other new employees. Most of them had started earlier than me, so they were initiated a little better. Two of them were interns; one of the interns was bound for California in the coming week, and one of the full-timers was off to Japan in August. One of them was even headed up to a Wisconsin lake for a week or two (I must admit I was jealous). It was actually pretty intriguing to get an insight into the career path of one of the higher ups, so that kept my attention fairly well. The rest of the day was essentially a tour of Wikipedia, since I'd read all the learning info stuff several times over by now.



In other news, CELEBRITY FAMILY FEUD begins tonight (apparently). You should probably know, if you're reading this, that I'm an absolute sucker for the original version, mainly because it's not based on actual knowledge but just anticipating how stupid the people surveyed are. Some of the allure of the new version is the fact that it's also chock full of NBC celebrities, though this can either make the show more appealing or godawfully annoying depending on the guests of the week. It'll at least be fun when they have the obligatory gladiators episode and Wolf stands at the podium howling for ten minutes.

EDIT: Oh god, I've watched twelve seconds of this and already know it's going to be horrible, and thus ironically destined for greatness. With Roker it reminds me of the terrible fireworks show idea from 30 Rock.

EDIT 2.0: I can't even watch it, it's so bad. Time to watch the ABC MXC clone, I guess.

1 comment:

Leigh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.