Friday, June 27, 2008

Thank Goodness...

So it's Friday again, by far the best day of the week. In addition to the day going fairly quickly (as quickly as I expect work can go), I get two days off and the anticipation of next week. It turns out that I'm going to be able to fly home to Minnesota for the holiday, and spend some time with folks there (one in particular, but certainly everyone else who I miss).

It's an exciting time, regardless. I'm really looking forward to losing myself in my work as I so often did in college; the days will rush past and the vacation will be all the sweeter. The next week has the added benefit of my current "mentor" returning (sadly, there was a death in the family), a four day week, and looking forward all the damn time to flying back home. I'm going to try and put in some extra time on M-W so that I can just work 6-7 hours on Thursday, or else I'll show up at like 6:30a so I'm able to leave at about 3.

Anyway, this weekend I'll be sitting around quite a bit scrounging for things to do undoubtedly. At the moment on the weekends I've just been dead tired with my only desire to sit around and talk on the phone, but I'm certain the laziness will wear off once I finally get used to the 5 on-2 off style of working again. It's amazing to me that when I get home from work at this job, I would have started the swing shift at my old Mayo job only two hours before. I suppose this schedule works better, despite the sadly premature bedtime.

No comments: