Tuesday, September 9, 2008

We Stand at the Door

So I've been at work for a bit under two hours so far and have come equipped with candy and caffeine in hopes that I can survive the night. It really shouldn't be so bad; I slept from about four in the morning last night until eleven this morning, a respectable amount of sleep. I tried to nap later in the afternoon but that failed - oh well. I'll get off of this shift at noon tomorrow, and I'm sure I'll be able to sleep then. Twenty-five hours between sleeping is quite a stretch, though, so hopefully I can make it.

After that, I'll probably get up later in the evening to hang out with Whitney and play some Rock Band. I decided to purchase it for my Wii, but have yet to find a place that has it. I'll go hunting later in the day tomorrow if I feel like it. The next shift I work is early Thursday morning. I figure since I'll be sleeping from noon to seven or eight on Wednesday, I can just stay up until that shot ends at eight in the morning. My only obligation after that is a 12-16 shot on Friday, which I can easily catch a good night's sleep for.

EDIT: It's now 1:35am and I think this is officially the earliest time I've ever been at a job thus far in my lifetime.

My second wind arrives at approximately 4:45am. Very strange. I've noticed a pattern with former military folk: they hate being called sir, even in the context of 'yessir,' my default affirmative response.

No comments: