Tuesday, September 2, 2008

School's in the Air

So it's strange. For the first time in eighteen years, I won't spend September in a classroom. There are good things and bad things about that notion, but my subconscious is being strange and keeps thinking that I'm going back soon. Maybe it disagrees with me that this place is a good one to be in? I'm content enough here, at least enough to survive tomorrow. One day at a time may as well be my mantra at this point.

Today has not been the best of days. I woke up with a strange sense of forboding after enduring a dreamless sleep filled with vague memories and futures; the kind that inspires feeling without giving you a single clue as to what happened while you slumbered.

I went to the dryer to grab attire for the day and noticed that a pen had been along for the ride, had burst, and left some spots on a lot of my clothing. I fished out a shirt that only had a single little blotch on it just above the breast pocket and threw it on, no worse for the wear. I'll have to hit the shops to pick up some new shirts and maybe some of the OxyClean stuff the bearded man on television yells about so much.

Since I've been slacking on the schedule posting, here's what my next week looks like.

Monday - OFF (8 hours)
Tuesday - 08:00 to 16:00 (16 hours)
Wednesday - 03:30 to 12:00 (24.5 hours)
Thursday - 07:30 to 20:00 (37 hours)
Friday - 07:30 to 16:00 (45.5 hours)

A healthy bit of overtime that should push me over two full days of compensatory vacation time. In a month or two I should have at least five days banked, maybe even more, that I can use to take off on Christmas for quite awhile. The virtue of being a sidekick at the moment is I'm not hard pressed to find someone to cover for me when I'll be gone for a week or whatnot.

No comments: