Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Steady State Scenario

So I think I've finally hit equilibrium with everything nowadays. I'm used to my job out here in Jersey, used to the landscape, used to the people. Overall, my decision to come out here hasn't been that bad of one. Even if I end up returning to Minnesota or moving on to somewhere else, I'm definitely better for the experience.

Anyway, this weekend is a big mystery to me so far. I was originally planning to go to a concert on Sunday night, but with my daytrip companion seemingly gone in a puff of smoke, I'm not exactly sure where those plans rest now. It sucks to waste $100, so I asked a few friends, but none could make the drive over to Atlantic City with me. Oh well. I may just end up giving the tickets to Whitney, 'cause hopefully somebody could make use of them.

In other news, I got my bills for the month today and apparently my electric bill is about 1/4 of what it was in July. My air conditioning must be ridiculously out of whack; for a 1000 square foot apartment, there's no way I could have used $340 worth of electricity unless there's something seriously wrong. The differential between July and this month is $260 for gas plus electric. This means that apparently running my air conditioning costs me just under $10 per day. Sweet. I guess I'll avoid using it for the next forever.

It's raining now, downpouring even. I can hear it through the roof of the building, which is weird since it's never happened before. If the giant ship on top of this building falls on me and crushes me as the roof caves in, Leigh gets my stuff.

God, it's October in 56 minutes. I've been living here officially for four months. This is my sixteenth week at work; already done with about 33% of a work year. Crazy.

No comments: