Monday, September 8, 2008

Swing on the Spiral

I leave behind a strange, strange weekend. After feeling a little under the weather for most of the weekend, I spent most of it lounging around and trying to recover. The downside of this is the massive amount of thinking you do when you have downtime, which I tried to avoid by watching TV and reading.

Saturday was fairly entertaining. In the early afternoon, I was talking to Kate, my big city, New Yorker friend, as she was preparing to rent a car to pick up a dresser from Ikea. Now, despite there being an Ikea in Minneapolis and having been there a few times, I've never actually bought anything from there furniture-wise. I volunteered to brave the mean streets of Philadelphia to take her to buy a dresser, which seemed pretty straight forward. I wandered around a bit before finding her, but it worked out. I ended up purchasing a vase and some bamboo stalks to liven up my bedroom a little.

About two or three hours after dropping her off, she discovered that apparently the box wasn't self contained. Apparently, all the tools, screws, and other miscellaneous pieces were apparently in a separate box. Sadly, it might be necessary for her to go pick it up on her own time, defeating the purpose of the trip. Oh well; remember when I said I'd never bought any furniture there? With no signage to indicate that there was another piece to the puzzle... we were clueless.

Yesterday I managed to sit through some football, including the Eagles routing the Rams and the reports of Tom Brady being out for the season. Haha - even the remote chance of Daunte Culpepper returning to toss some footballs at Randy Moss is hilarious. Tonight's when the real fun begins though, with the Vikings and the Packers squaring off, granted I have nothing else to do, which I hope I do.

THE LAST SIX MONTHS IN REVIEW

I learned a lot. I learned that you can't always get what you want, but if you work hard you'll get enough. I learned that sometimes letting go of something is the best thing you can do. I learned that you can't plan everything out in your head and expect real life to follow. I learned that I have some awesome friends.

1 comment:

Benson Enson said...

You couldn't be more vague on the thinking part.

:D