Monday, September 29, 2008

This American Life

Now, I know I've been on a financial kick as of late, but this is truly worth checking out no matter what your opinion is of the whole bailout fiasco.

http://www.thislife.org/Radio_Episode.aspx?sched=1242

Seriously. The most gut-wrenching part, for me:

"Steve Pennington: It means they're 90 days, basically delinquent on their loan.

Adam Davidson: Is this the matrix? Where the guy is looking at the green digits, and says there's the redhead and the blonde. Are you, Steve, seeing lives here?

SP: I definitely see lives.

AD: For the record, I see cccc36c36. I do not see human drama.

SP: The drama here is you have someone paying their loan, then something happened. They've gone 3 months, delinquent...They got to this point of 6, then fought back to current.

AD: Now that I've learned the code, I see it. Like here, he was on time for a bunch of months. This one, he was on time, 30 days, 30 days, then he went two months behind, came back. And now he's just behind.

SP: And what's really hard about this, is you can watch people cycle on and off."

As far as my schedule in the coming week:

Monday - 16:00 to 24:00 (8 hours)
Tuesday - 15:00 to 24:00 (17 hours)
Wednesday - 15:00 to 24:00 (26 hours)
Thursday - 7:30 to 16:00 (34.5 hours)
Friday - 10:00 to 16:00 (40.5 hours)

Very easy week. Already have three days of comp time built up, too!

1 comment:

Leigh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.