Tuesday, August 19, 2008

All Alone

Brian decided to take off today and tomorrow, so I've stolen his desk and have to fend for myself all day. I got my first test set up just fine and am now relaxing until the next one begins, but that should be a lot easier considering it's the same shot, just extended. It's weird when someone says there are errors in the setup, but you ask the expert and they say that you set it up fine, though.

Anyway, this weekend's going to be a dull one I fear. With Whitney setting sail down to the familiar (to her) waters of DC, I'll be stuck in South Jersey by myself, eating hot pockets and downing cola. Maybe I can actually get something constructive done, though? I'm kind of doubting it at this juncture (though if you consider blog posts constructive...), but maybe I can make something of myself. Or I could lay in bed for most of the weekend and read things. That one sounds a little more appealing, to be honest.

I mean, with so many possibilities out there... build a kite, bake a pie, eat grass. Too many choices. Ooo, discovering new bands seems cool. Most of the time when I go on a music-listening spree it ends up yielding two or three new bands that I latch onto and really like - case in point Of Montreal last time I did this. Another option is just to sit around and watch more Olympics, considering the closing ceremony is supposed to be broadcast on Sunday evening. Because of work I didn't really get to watch as much as I usually like to, but the parts I did catch were fairly enjoyable.

I suppose I should focus on getting through the week before thinking on all this. I've got plenty of work to do, and a side project handed to me this morning certainly doesn't mitigate that fact. Perhaps I was short sighted in wishing for more to do a month or two ago? Maybe I just grew complacent and content with only responding to calls rather than doing the calling myself. Oh well, I'll evolve and get through it.

Also, check out this rad tattoo.

No comments: