Sunday, April 5, 2009

Content?

It's 5:30AM and I'm suddenly enamored at the possibility of purchasing new furniture tomorrow.

Yes, that's right. A week or so ago I procured an of Montreal LP and desired something to play it on. Now, this led to needing something to actually put a turntable on, so I looked at end tables. What I planned to do was to buy some sticky dealies to mount the record sleeve to the wall all artsy-like.

One thing leads to another, and I come up with a fantastic vision for my currently-empty dining room. Music theme! It can have the CD/LP player in the corner, a few LP sleeves hung on the wall in a vertical line, maybe even a framed piece of art or two that's music themed. It might cost a bit, but it's worth it to finally get something in that room. Later in the month I plan to purchase a nice solid dining room table that hopefully I can also get some use out of.

So I'll compile a few things I'll need to buy:
  1. Stick wall-mount thingies to secure the LP sleeve I already have to the wall and for future endeavors to that effect.
  2. The LP/CD player itself, which is a pretty good chunk of change, but it'd be nice to have a way to play my music in the dining/living room area, including LPs I buy.
  3. An end table or two, one for the actual purpose of providing a table for my couch, the other for a stand for said player.
  4. A lamp for the end table next to the couch.
I also need to clean. I should probably do that first, but maybe I'll go out and shop so I'll be able to listen to music while I do so. I don't think I should be this excited about cleaning and purchasing furniture!

In the meantime, though, Thursday I went down to Voorhees to pay rent and re-up my lease for another year, so I guess I'm here until at least June of 2010! That's not a bad thing, though, since my apartment is more than acceptable and generally a good place to live.

No comments: