Saturday, December 20, 2008

Insomnia

Boo. I slept from about 12:30 until just before two, and haven't really gotten a wink since, just laying around with eyes closed hoping to some rest. Guess it's just a dumb symptom of the schedule flux I've been in for the past week, just like last weekend.

Well, I'm wondering if Brian will let me skip out early tomorrow (if he's around). I'm sure that he would understand the fact that the screwed up schedule has deprived me of sleep. It would be very nice to get off work about noon and take a nap. No matter, anyway, since I've got two shifts left before I head home for two weeks and fix the sleep schedule, at least temporarily.

Ugh, at least I got a bit used to staying up until ten in the morning. Hopefully the little bit of sleep I did get will boost me until the afternoon.

The source is bright and endless
She resuscitates the hopeless
Without her we are lifeless satellites
Dreaming

And as I pull my head out
I am without one doubt
Don't wanna be down here
Soothing my narcissism
I must crucify the ego
Before it's far too late
I pray the light lifts me out
Before I pine away.

No comments: