Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Weeble Wobble

So in the midst of this week, I'm quite happy with work all the sudden. The shift in gears that made me arrive here? Probably the fact that I'm extremely busy this week, and that comes with perks.

1) Being busy allows time to pass much more quickly when I'm at work. I'm all for having a boring day, but that usually involves me finding something that I'm able to do at work that's enjoyable and takes several hours. Usually this is difficult to do, considering the fact that at work I'm cut off from pretty much everything I enjoy.
2) Being busy allows me the luxury of feeling like I'm doing something positive at work. Sitting in the lab and running consoles during tests, or even (as I did today) being the test director for a portion of testing, provides me with a feeling of accomplishment.
3) Business provides me with structure. A lot of the time it's hard for me to figure out when I'm going to come in for work, and a lot of the time I don't have anything time-sensitive to do. I rather like having to come in for specific things.

Anyway, the recent blitz of official and semi-official testing has been helping quite a bit with my work-esteem. Additionally, I've been familiarizing myself with the system to a degree which makes me feel confident in my abilities. Hooray for progress!

I recently got a very good review, which goes a long way in advancing my satisfaction at work. Hopefully early next year, I'll do well on the ship, do well in my new assignments/baselines, and get my promotion. Things are looking up!

No comments: