Monday, November 24, 2008

Best Buy Blowout

I may have finally found it. After months of searching and waiting, I'm closer and closer to pouncing. What seems like eons of saving up has led to this point.

I think I may be buying my heralded television on Friday.

Yes, the wonderful Black Friday has once again duped me into getting excited about getting stuff for super cheap. The piece of machinery, nay artistry, is a 46" 1080p Samsung LCD model with three HDMI inputs. Half a foot smaller than I was thinking initially, but the price tag makes it the most tempting; on Friday, it'll be available for $1099.

I've been to Black Friday sales before, and haven't had a whole lot of success due to my very small commitment to it. The cold Minnesota winters don't do much for my ability to keep my eyes on the prize. Out here, though, I may have more success. I actually hope it's abnormally cold, because that may eliminate some of the competition. I may end up going out at one or two in the morning just to ensure that I'm able to get what I want.

I made up a big finance sheet today to ensure that I had enough money. I definitely do, but I did a lot of math with the numbers I came up with. Apparently when you take into account car payments, insurance of all sorts, food, rent, random purchases, cable, electric and heat, and everything else, it costs me about $85 per day to live. Awesome. That seems like a lot. Also, I spend an average of just under $3 a day on gasoline.

No comments: