Friday, January 9, 2009

End of a Road

Ah, so the holiday buzz has finally worn down for me; I say finally because I just dropped Whitney off at the airport this morning after she spent the week with me. Hopefully she got home okay. Sadly I didn't get to spend as much time with her as I would have liked due to working all week, but hopefully she had an okay time (and more importantly, a relaxing time).

So I've got a bit on my plate in the next few days. Today I worked from just before noon until about six just to fill in hours, and tomorrow I'll be pulling the "normal people shift" from eight in the morning until four in the afternoon. After that, I anticipate hanging out with Nicole and spending Sunday driving somewhere random and interesting - preferably photograph-worthy. I won't be coming into work until about four in the afternoon on Monday, so I could be in for a late night.

At some point I've also got to coax Claire to meet me at a restaurant so that I can give her the (especially teensy) Minnesota-themed gift I got for her. Nicole seemed to like hers, so that's a plus!

Tonight I just get to hang out and be alone for a bit, which is pretty cool. It seems like I have a grass is always greener mentality; too long alone and I get lonely and seek out other people to be with, and too long without having the apartment to myself makes me long for a day of privacy. So, I suppose today is that day. My plan for the evening is to grab a sandwich and eat some ice cream before heading to bed fairly early tonight. I got about four hours sleep last night, so I could use a good night's sleep and a half before I pull my eight hour tomorrow. I'll live. And I've got something to look forward to!

No comments: