Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hey, What's the Big Idea?

So this is pretty much a place to put all the ideas I have about my vacation this year. It's been narrowed quite a bit thanks to a suggestion from my girlfriend that I accompany her out to the west coast. Basically:

Sometime in late May we'll fly to San Francisco and hang out with her mother and aunt, see things in the Bay Area, hang out on an awesome boat (don't make me link the YouTube), et cetera. After a week or so, I plan on renting a car and making the most awesome road trip possible. Basically the plan is to cruise down Highway One for as long as I can muster before we pull off and stay in a motel or bed and breakfast. Essentially the goal is to take the scenic route and see some great landmarks on the way (Bixby Arch Bridge, anyone?).

Once we're all the way down in Los Angeles (Google says the trip takes about nine hours, but some work folks say it's closer to 12+) we'll head to Scott's place and hang out for a few days before driving back up and catching a flight home. For a change of pace (and for expediency's sake) we'll head back up on I-5.

1 comment:

tiny_little_dot said...

Heyyyyy if I get the internship I'm hoping for, you can visit me in LA during your adventure!