Friday, December 18, 2009

Snowpacalypse: Snow Fear

I woke up today like it was any other day. I rose from bed, brushed my teeth, took a shower, and got dressed. As usual, I flipped on the television and what confronted me was literally the most horrifying thing I've ever heard. Well, at least in the top thousand most horrifying things.

Now, what I'm about to show you, if you were a trained meteorologist, might give you a heart attack. See if you can spot what's so frightening about this PROFESSIONAL RADAR IMAGE:


It's difficult to see on the image, but there is a fairly large snowstorm on the horizon for the east coast. Gasp! Just in case you missed it, I have circled it here for your convenience:


Whoa!

Anyway, after hearing this devastating news, what did I do? Of course, as a lifelong Minnesotan, I am used to snow and ice having a presence around me for several months of the year. I should be able to simply shrug off the notion of its danger, right? But then, I'm a resident of New Jersey now. And what would a lifelong New Jerseyan do in such a situation?


Run to the nearest grocery store and panic whilst purchasing as much food and water as possible. I could be trapped in my apartment for what, almost a month at this point! After heading into the nearest Wegman's, I was greeted with chaos and panic all around me.




Frightening. At least six people were trampled in the shuffling, though the gore and bodies were mopped up before I could withdraw my camera.


This is one of the many people purchasing a shovel. Now, being from Minnesota, the idea of a homeowner owning less than three shovels terrifies me more than you could imagine.


My survival supplies. God help me.

Anyway, here's some "before" pictures so that I can keep track of some of the action.




Me looking very worried.


Stay tuned for my impending death!

UPDATE @ 11:41p
Apparently Philadelphia is already planning on declaring a state of emergency now. There's no wind outside and it's kind of scary.

1 comment: